Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fis+ installation in a Leon Cupra (1P) (ANSWERED)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fis+ installation in a Leon Cupra (1P) (ANSWERED)

Hi there

I installed a Fis+ in my LC yesterday. The installation manuals weren't helpful in locating the CANBUS gateway so I thought I'd write a little how-to here in case anybody is interested...

Mine is Right hand drive - but I assume on a LHD you'd just mirror-image the instructions.

The gateway is located right up against the firewall, right at the top of the dashboard, JUUUUST visible through all the wiring behind the trim piece that covers the OBD port.

See that bit of red blur above the bundle of wires? That's the badger. There is no way a human can get to that. So you have to go in from the other side.

Remove the right hand wiper.

Open the bonnet.

Remove the rubber seal that connects the plastic rain tray cover to the metal plenum cover.

Remove the two Torx screws holding the metal plenum cover in place, and remove the cover.

Now the plastic rain tray cover is in the way. On my car it seemed to be glued to the bottom of the windscreen, so I bent it (it's quite flexible) to lift it up and expose the windscreen wiper motor.

Unplug the wiring from the motor, and loosen the two torx screws holding it in place (captive screws).

Lift the wiper motor out, and you will expose a black plastic cover with 3 10mm nuts holding it closed.

Remove the cover, and move the noise insulation aside, and there is the gateway!

Remove the plug from the gateway, plug in the harness. I then fed the harness down into the dash, so it was accessible from the OBD port trim hole. I don't want to have to remove the wiper to upgrade the software

Then round to the front of the car and plug the FIS+ into the harness above the OBD port. Some double-sided tape or cable ties or similar to hold it in place if you like...

Once everything's working, reassembly is pretty much the reverse of the above steps. Remember to plug the wiring harness back into the windscreen wiper motor...! (I didn't)
    Also, when you refit the wiper motor, there is a pin poking out of the firewall which needs to seat into a rubber grommet on the motor housing. If you don't get that in your motor will move around too much...

Anyway, hope this helps someone!

Cheers
    S
    Last edited by Sinbad; 12-04-2012, 03:08 PM.

Thank you very much for your report, I'm sure that it will be very helpful for another users ????

Best regards.
    [ Mun100 - Programmer ]
    [ Http://www.Auto-Polar.com ]

Comment

My car LEON CUPRA 1P1 model year of production in 2011, FIS + ADVANCE module does not work at all,
      Does the product FIS + ADVANCE tested on a model 1P1?
      Last edited by eltiobarbas; 24-05-2012, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Can you report what is the problem in your car?

Regards
        -----656C74696F626172626173-----

Comment

Hi Leon_cupra_11.

Sorry, but looking the your car's year, it seems that your FIS is white color, in that case Polar FIS is still not compatible with it. At this moment we are working to make it compatible, so if it's your case you'll be informed here:
          http://www.auto-polar.com/forum/show...S-quot-working

Best regards.
          [ Mun100 - Programmer ]

Comment

I connect the PS3 according to installation instructions, but the vehicle's menu does not appear to me more of the POLAR menu FIS +, all original left menu as if I plugged the POLAR FIS + ADVANCE.
            Do an experiment and see that it does not work the new models LEON 1P1 CUPRA / FR ...
            Do you perform my model specific?

Comment

Hi.

Sorry, but I didn't understand what you mean. Can you explain it again and confirm us if your FIS screen is red or white color?

Thanks in advance and best regards.
              [ Mun100 - Programmer ]

Comment

I think that he has a white fis
                When we tried the red fis polar on my car there was no effect. No new menu was created with polarfis info

Comment

if you take a picture of your FIS or a vagcom log and upload to the forum we can see if you have a white fis or not.

Regards

Comment

My FIS screen is white color,
                    Waiting for updates!
                    Thank you!
                    Last edited by Leon_cupra_11; 25-05-2012, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Comment

Archivos Adjuntados

Comment

Comment

New software with a white screen works great!
                            CAR MODEL SEAT LEON CUPRA 2011 1P1!!!
                            Thanks!!!

Comment

Thanks for your words. Enjoy your Polar Fis.
                              Regards

Comment

Working...
                              X